In 2014, Christine Acosta founded Pedal Power Promoters, LLC to spearhead bicycle-friendly initiatives in the Tampa Bay Region. By working closely with private and public sector stakeholders, the company seeks to elevate the area to world-class status for bicycle commuters.
What We Do
Pedal Power Promoters connects and empowers bicyclists and businesses. We generate improvements in the areas of safety, wellness, education, sustainability, and profit for private and public enterprises and their respective publics. We create and implement Bicycle Friendly Business(SM) Certification programs, and also provide professional bike valet services through Tampa Bike Valet to serve and grow the pedal population.
We collaborate with critical local, regional and national cycling stakeholders, for example: Transportation Management Organizations, urban planning experts, Florida Department of Transportation, the League of American Bicyclists, Metropolitan Planning Organization committees, tour and bike share operators, cycling clubs, and event planners.
- Dec 12, 2016 Our Interview from That Business Show with Jamie Meloni
- Feb 9, 2016 Founder, Christine Acosta, Speaks About Vision Zero in Tampa
- Oct 26, 2015 Tampa General Hospital is a Bike Friendly Business Award Winner
- Aug 27, 2015 Bikers, rejoice! Tampa ranks No. 1 for bike-friendly businesses in Florida
- Aug 27, 2015 More than 1,000 bicycle friendly businesses
- Aug 21, 2015 Bicycling can bring benefits to businesses and riders